I Want Help For a Family Member or Friend
If you have a friend or family member with Hoarding Disorder, it can be very hard to know how to help. Severe clutter threatens the health and safety of those living in the home and can be a source of conflict. It’s important to educate yourself on HD and seek support to help you manage your own feelings and learn coping strategies.
Rating Scales and Measuring Tools
- Buried in Treasures, 2nd Edition. David F Tolin, Randy O. Frost, and Gail Steketee, 2014
- Stuff: Compulsive Hoarding and the Meaning of Things Randy O Frost and Gail Steketee, 2011
- Making Space Clutter Free, Tracy McCubbin, 2019
- Strategies to Acquire Less Stuff (e-book), Diane Gambrel, https://smarterspaces.net/shop
- Digging Out: Helping Your Loved One Manage Clutter, Hoarding and Compulsive Acquiring, Michael A. Tompkins, Tamara Hartl, Randy O. Frost (forward) and Gail Steketee (forward)